It's been quite a while since I last did a post for this series so I'm bringing it back around again, but you can check out earlier posts in this series here.
Read.
This time round, I actually want to draw your attention to a post written by a friend of mine which I only came across today but has a really strong message and should have a lot more awareness. In this article she talks quite openly and honestly about her near-death experience of Toxic Shock Syndrome simply caused by a tampon. It's something I didn't really know much about prior to this but it's definitely worth a read. She brushed the symptoms off firstly as hunger and then as sickness related to her period, and lay completely unaware how close she was to death. You can read her story here.
Watch.
In the past I've tried watching Once Upon A Time on Netflix but got as far as season 2 and kind of lost track of who was meant to be who but a friend started talking about it recently so I decided to give it another go. This time though, I ensured to pay close attention and I'm now completely hooked. I'm on Season 4 already and only started it about 5 weeks ago... how is that even possible?! I'm so glad I gave it a second chance though. If you haven't already seen it then give it a go. Don't do what I did and give up at the start of Season 2 though!
Listen.
So reading the Harry Potter books (I mentioned this here in the last post of this series) didn't quite go as successfully as I had hoped because I simply didn't have time so I've started listening to them instead through Audible. I know some people really dislike audio books and I used to be the same but when I can't find time to sit down with a book, it's a good way to still have a bit of literature in my life. It's also super handy to be able to listen to it while I get ready in the morning, while if I tidy my room, or even when I'm doing the dishes or on the go.
Did you enjoy this post? You can also find me here:
No comments:
Post a Comment
I read and appreciate every comment I get and will do my best to reply as soon as possible. Thank you!