Flaws & All | This Is Me

10 January 2017

Source
My favourite colour changes daily depending on my mood and the weather. I find it incredibly hard to trust people, especially when someone in my past have given me every reason to doubt people I thought I knew. I have a love for country music, particularly 'Southern Girl' by Tim McGraw. I want my own happily ever after eventually - how cliche! I don't mean a Cinderella happily-ever-after though - I want my own happily ever after, with someone who will treat me right and who won't try to change me, but simply take me as I am. I like wearing oversized sweaters. I love cups of tea and hot water. I'm self conscious and if you want that to change, you need to give me time. I adore travelling. I'm not your average straight-forward girl. I'm complicated and I can be hard work but if you really care, that shouldn't matter. 'Good morning' texts make my day start off with a smile. If you like me or miss me, tell me - because I'm no good at guessing and picking up hints. 

We all have these flaws that are easy to focus on, but how about trying to make something positive out of them? I'm self conscious, but if you give me time then I will become less self conscious around you. I can be hard work, but if you really care then it shouldn't matter too much. I want to spend more of this year trying hard to focus on the positive aspects of who I am rather than giving myself such a hard time because I know I'm guilty of that. Either way, it's both the good and the not-so-good things about each of us that make us who we are. 

No one is perfect and truthfully, I wouldn't want to be anyway. It seems like far too much effort to me! New year, new me? No thanks. I'll stick with who I am. 


2 comments :

  1. Lovely ♥
    Glad I could read something little but personal about you. Being authentic in blog world is hard but thanks God few bloggers are still themselves, like you. Stay yourself & don't change, you are beautiful darling just the way you are♥

    http://www.nowsheflares.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely comment and reading it has made my evening! Thank you very much and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I might try include more personal posts in the future <3
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment I get and will do my best to reply as soon as possible. Thank you!