Ideally I'd have liked to have posted this yesterday but I wasn't very well and so I held off until today. The only issue is I'm even more unwell today with a temperature of 38.2 but this makes for a nice distraction!
Last week was obviously the first week of the New Year and I had the joys of spending a few days with my flatmate and her family (you can read all about our adventures here). It was so nice to get away and to spend the first few days of January being productive and spending time outdoors. We spent a lot of time visiting nice places, going for walks, and playing games of Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit - which made me realise how awful my Harry Potter knowledge is after all! I'm not working my way through the books...
Before heading home on the Wednesday, we went for a lovely lunch at the Pavilion Cafe in Montrose which was somewhere neither of us had been before. Definitely worth checking out if you're near there!
Before heading home on the Wednesday, we went for a lovely lunch at the Pavilion Cafe in Montrose which was somewhere neither of us had been before. Definitely worth checking out if you're near there!
The rest of my week has been fairly laid back really. I didn't get back to the flat from Claire's until Wednesday evening by which time I was ready to just curl up in bed and sleep. Thursday was a fairly lazy day and I went to visit my friend on Thursday evening. It was really nice to have a catch up with her because I feel like I've not seen her in so long. We then went shopping together on Friday, indulging in a little retail therapy!
Saturday was also spent in town. I went to get my nails done in a lovely nude colour and also treated myself to a rose gold ring I've had my eye on in Warren James.
Yesterday was fairly stressful. I had work and wasn't feeling very well anyway so my Dad ended up travelling through last night to come and look after me and I'm glad he did. When I woke up with a fever this morning there was no way I was feeling fit to do much myself! The fever seems to be dropping now but I'm so exhausted after being up most of the night so today will probably just be spent taking things easy. I go back to university on Thursday for my final six weeks of classes of 3rd year (which is insane - where has the time gone?!) so I'm just praying I'll be feeling much better by then.
Hope you've all had a good first week of January... For now though, I'm off to feel sorry for myself and take it easy!


No comments:
Post a Comment
I read and appreciate every comment I get and will do my best to reply as soon as possible. Thank you!