Surviving December

12 December 2016

Source

December and I have a love-hate relationship...

While I absolutely love December and all of the festivities and Christmas decorations, I can't stand being cold and the only thing I can focus on right now are my university essay deadlines which are fast approaching. I'm tired and my head hurts and I just want to get them out of the way. Hopefully by this time next week, they'll be over and done with and I'll be able to relax with a well-deserved glass of wine in hand! If only university essays were as enjoyable as blogging!

I've managed to get most of my Christmas presents bought and wrapped up, so they're sitting under the tree making it look a little more like Christmas although I swear I've forgotten something and can't quite put my finger on it. This year my family are coming to spend Christmas at my flat which I'm super excited about. It'll be rather cosy and this is the first year that we've spent Christmas just the four of us. We usually have a big Christmas with extended family but a quiet one this year will be a nice change. We've got the Christmas tree up with pretty lights, decorations and a sparkly star on top. It brightens the place up when me and my flatmate both have university work bringing us down right now.

All I need to do now is survive these deadlines, and then I can start looking forward to Christmas some more. I'm not quite looking forward to clearing the clutter that drowns my bedroom right now though so that my parents have somewhere to stay when they come through. Not sure 10 days is long enough to tackle that job...

Has anyone else got a love-hate relationship with December? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment I get and will do my best to reply as soon as possible. Thank you!