3 Lessons I've Learned From My Mum

6 March 2016

Source
With it being Mother's day today I thought it'd be nice to do a little mother-themed post and look back at some pretty valuable lessons that my Mum has taught me. Me and my Mum have a pretty close relationship and I am so grateful for that, and so obviously I embrace any wise words that she has for me. Here are just 3 of the lessons I've learned from her.


Lesson #01 - Love yourself always.
  My Mum has always been one to encourage me to always love myself. Not in a vain way or anything, but to embrace who I am as a person and to not feel like I need to change for anyone. That's something I never used to be very good at, and would try and change to fit in but as I've gotten older, and slightly more sensible, I've realised that Mamma Bear was always right. Trying to be someone you're not is pointless and exhausting. Embrace your weirdness and quirks and love yourself just the way you are.

Lesson #02 - Everything happens for a reason.
  When things don't go the way I had hoped they would, Mum always says to me that everything happens for a reason and she's a strong believer of that. And I suppose she's right. There's been a lot of moments in the past where everything feels like they're falling apart but truthfully, if they'd gone my way the first time round, I wouldn't have learnt how to fight for things (not literally!) or to persevere when things aren't going my way.

Lesson #03 - You can never have too many pairs of shoes.
  Me and my Mum both share a great love for shoes. If she finds a shoe she likes, she literally buys it in every colour. I swear the majority of them haven't actually been worn but she assures me that they will be worn in the future. I can't really comment though because I'm a fan of buying heels that are far too high to realistically wear out but they're pretty to look at so that makes it okay, right...?


I hope you've all been wonderful and spoiled your mothers. Mother's day is a little expensive for me this year because it's also my Dad's birthday today but they deserve to be spoiled. Have a good day however you are spending it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment I get and will do my best to reply as soon as possible. Thank you!