Merry Christmas!

21 December 2015

Source

I have so much love for this time of year. I find myself spending a lot of time curled up with a nice big mug of tea and wearing my jammies, or as I like to call them, my 'cosies'. There is just something so special and magical about Christmas. Family gather together in one place, enjoying each other's company, sharing wonderful food, and having a good time. What's really nice is that because there are still a few younger children in the family, Santa is still a big part of our Christmas and I just love seeing their excitement as we lay out a snack for Santa and his reindeer on Christmas Eve. 

With Christmas only four sleeps away (not that I'm counting or anything...) I'm finding myself sitting here wondering where on earth November and December have disappeared to, or even the whole of 2015! This year has passed so quickly, with many ups and downs, silly mistakes, and valuable lessons learned.  Before New Year I'm hoping to do a post looking back at my goals for this past year and setting myself some new goals so watch this space!

I've learned this Christmas that I genuinely think my wrapping skills have gone backwards over the years... I used to be alright at wrapping however this year it's fairly bad really, so I've apologised to my family in advance although I know they won't really mind! I love the whole aspect of giving gifts to others at Christmas and seeing their happy faces. I also love choosing presents for people and putting thought into getting them special gifts. I've even discovered that Christmas doesn't need to be all that expensive! You can check out my post on the £1 gift challenge I did with my flatmate here.

The weeks leading up to Christmas this year have been particularly stressful because my Grandpa had a heart attack and ended up in hospital for a couple of weeks. He's such a strong man though and despite our fears that he wouldn't be home for Christmas, I'm delighted to say he's getting better every single day and will be joining us for Christmas. It makes me realise how important family are and how blessed I am that he will be with us for Christmas. Truthfully, I don't think I'd wish for anything else this Christmas apart from having him home and healthy with us for this festive season. Keep fighting back to fitness Grandpa - we all love you unbelievable amounts! 

Unlike previous years, I didn't start listening to Christmas music quite as early as I usually would... In fact I've only started listening to it over the last few days because things have obviously been stressful and my mind has been elsewhere. I wanted something slightly different to listen to in terms of Christmas music this year and yesterday I found my perfect Christmas soundtrack and I've had it on repeat ever since! It's Pentatonix 'That's Christmas To Me (Deluxe Edition)' Album. I'm in love with it! You can find it on itunes, spotify, or youtube and I'd highly recommend it! Here is one of my favourites from the album.

What's your plans for Christmas? And what's your Christmas soundtrack?
And just in case I don't get round to posting again before Christmas, merry Christmas y'al!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment I get and will do my best to reply as soon as possible. Thank you!