Oops, I've been rather absent again recently! This time of year just gets so crazy with exams and Christmas and so on and I really have no clue where the time has gone! But I'm back with a new post for you all - the £1 gift challenge that I did yesterday with my flatmate Claire over at G Is For Gingers!
I'm really pleased that she suggested this because I'd be dabbling in my mind about what I could get her for Christmas and I do love a bargain so when she suggested this challenge I was definitely all for it! The idea behind it is that you buy but someone five £1 gifts - it's really as simple as that. Claire is super easy to buy for because I feel I know her quite well after living with her for nearly two years and I wanted to get five things that had some meaning/purpose behind them.
Firstly, a candle was a must because we're always burning candles in our flat (and it just so happens that she got me one too!). I got her a really fresh smelling cotton scented candle which will fit in quite nicely to her candle collection! I also got her moulds and sticks for making cake pops because as you'll see from Claire's blog, she's always baking. And it turns out she had been looking cake pops tutorials recently - good choice Eilidh! We are quite big on having photos up around our flat and have such an assortment of frames so I felt it was only appropriate to get her another picture frame. My final present was a bit of an odd one but rather sweet if I do say so myself! I got her the perfect little book that represents our friendship, and as someone studying primary education, I do love a bit of Winnie the Pooh and Christopher Robin! Rather than just giving her the book though, I went through it leaving little notes about memories I have of us that relates to each bit of the story. How sentimental! *cringe* But she appreciated it and we had a giggle so it was definitely a good choice.
Each of my gifts were picked up at Poundland and I'm really pleased with the selection I chose! Claire was a little more adventurous with my gifts by venturing beyond the walls of Poundland to find £1 gifts, but she did a great job. Head over to her blog and check out her post about what she got me!
I hope we've shown you that even with a small budget you can actually get some really nice gifts for people. Maybe Christmas time doesn't need to be so expensive after all!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I read and appreciate every comment I get and will do my best to reply as soon as possible. Thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I read and appreciate every comment I get and will do my best to reply as soon as possible. Thank you!