Merry Christmas!

24 December 2014


There's a complete Christmas excitement overload in this house today. No more counting down until the special day! We've got the coal fire burning, Christmas music playing, and we're keeping a close eye on the Santa tracker with my five year old cousin. He made a passing comment to my auntie a couple of days ago about how Santa might all just be made up... he's only five years old! Of course we all just brushed the comment off and are trying extra hard to keep the Christmas magic alive for him. The Santa tracker is certainly helping us with that considerably! Who could deny Santa's legitimacy when you can track him online?!

I've been wanting to write a post about our Christmas family traditions for a while and simply didn't know where to start, however earlier on today I spotted several Christmas Tag posts and I thoroughly enjoyed reading them, so I thought it'd be fun to do one myself. 

1. On a scale of 1-10 how much are you in the Christmas mood?
I'd say currently I'm sitting at about an 8, so I'm pretty damn excited, especially now that everyone has arrived at my house for Christmas. I think I'll probably be 10x more excited after going to the Christmas church service tonight, eat mince pies and sing Christmas carols!

2. What's your favourite Christmas scent?
I can't pick one single one but it's tied between the coal fire burning, the smell of the Christmas tree, and the different food smells wafting from the kitchen!

3. When it comes to wrapping presents is it a fail or are you a pro?
I would love to say I'm a pro but I totally fail at wrapping presents. Mine look like they've been wrapped by a dog or something...

4. When did you put your Christmas decorations up and do you do anything special while putting them up?
Now that I am away at university I didn't get to put up the decorations at home which I was slightly gutted about but I was very keen to get the decorations up in the flat. So keen that I had them up on the last day of November with the Christmas tunes playing in the background.

5. Do you get dressed up or stay in your pjs on Christmas day?
Christmas is pretty big for us as a Christian family so we always dress up for Christmas day, even for opening presents!

6. What would be your dream place to go during the Christmas season?
I don't think I'd want to go anywhere over Christmas - all the family come to our house and I like it that way. I'm most definitely a homebird!

7. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
Real - my parents tried to get a fake one a few years back but it wasn't the same so they ended up getting a real one as well.

8. What is your Christmas tree decorated like?
Coloured lights and lots of pretty bobbles and tree decorations! Chocolate Santas usually appear on the tree on Christmas morning too!

9. What tops your tree?
A pretty gold star that my dad used to lift my sister and I up to put on the top of the tree. We're a bit to big to be lifted up to do that now though!

10. Are you on the naughty list or the nice list this year? ( be honest )
I'd like to think I'm on the nice list! I asked my little cousin this question about me and he told me that I'd be on the middle of the nice list and that he's be at the top of the nice list so I can't have been too naughty this year!

11. Name three things you love to do coming up to Christmas?
1. Buying Christmas presents for people
2. Listening to Christmas music
3. Watching Christmas movies

12. Any Christmas Wishes?
Just for a happy and healthy Christmas for all of my family. A lot of us are pretty chocked up with colds and viruses at the moment!

13. Name 3 Christmas movies you love?
1. Elf!
2. Home Alone
3. The Grinch

14. Do you like white lights or coloured?
I loved coloured lights and that's what we have on our tree at home but I'm more for the white lights now - they're so pretty and classy!

15. Which do you like a little better, Christmas day or Christmas eve?
I love them both but I probably like Christmas day better just because the whole family are all together and we all unplug from everything and enjoy eachother's company. Plus lots of yummy food!

16. Do you have any presents that you open on Christmas eve?
Nope, we keep them all for Christmas day!

17. Your having a down day, Your not in the Christmas mood. What do you do to change your mood and become Christmas happy?
Listen to Christmas music, curl up on the sofa in front of the coal fire with some hot chocolate and watch a Christmas movie.

18. What is the best thing on your plate when you have your Christmas dinner?
Ever since me and my sister were younger my mum has always cooked plain cocktail sausages without the bacon or anything for us because we were quite picky eaters when we were younger and so it's probably them. She still cooks them for Christmas! They always seem to taste better at Christmas time!

19. What’s the best part of Christmas for you?
Spending quality time with the family, giving gifts to loved ones and just enjoying eachothers' company. I love how formal Christmas is in our house. No present-opening in jammies - some of my cousins even wear their kilts for Christmas day! I love that about Christmas with my family.


What are your Christmas family traditions? Please do link any of your Christmas posts in the comments below for me to have a look at. I love hearing what everyone is getting up to over the festive period!

Merry Christmas blogland - wishing you a happy & healthy one!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment I get and will do my best to reply as soon as possible. Thank you!