My UncommonGoods Gift Guide

28 July 2017

Source
For those of you who know me well, you will know that I have a great love for quirky and unique gifts. I hate to walk into a big brand high street store to get gifts, partly due to fear of someone else getting the same thing for the same person... that's an awkward moment I have witnessed but would like to avoid personally. So when UncommonGoods appeared in my sights, I was delighted to have another website of unique gifts to add to my list of go-to places for gift shopping, and I think it will definitely appeal to a lot of you.

What really stands out to me about this company is their emphasis on the story behind the goods. They have a blog which tells these stories and I spent hours scrolling through. It's certainly something I feel that not enough places have. I'm guilty for making impulse purchases without too much thought but the blog gave me the chance to know the story behind the products and that makes the purchases so much more personal. As someone who spends a lot of spare time sewing and selling whatever I can on Etsy, the fact that this company work closely with artists and small manufacturers is great - I would much rather buy from an artist or small company making handmade goods than from a large chain. What's more, they work closely with these artists and small manufacturers to help them to make their products more environmentally friendly.  

When it comes to buying gifts, my mother and sister are easy. I know what they like and I think most girls would agree that buying for other girls is fairly easy. For the few of my male followers though, they've made life easy for you by providing you with a list of gorgeous gifts for her. And if that's not making life easy enough, you can even narrow your choices down by interest or which 'her' you're buying for. 

For me, the most useful category (which you an find right here) is the one dedicated to buying gifts for that hard-to-buy-for species, such as dads, boyfriends (I hope only one at a time!), brothers, etc.... otherwise known as 'men'. Both my Dad and my boyfriend are wine/whisky enthusiasts and with a section dedicated to that (check it out here), I've got it saved into my bookmarks for future reference. 
And sometimes a girl simply needs to treat herself - or at least I certainly do - and buy a gift from me to me. If only pay day would hurry up!


Did you enjoy this post? You can also find me here:


 bloglovin | twitter
*This post is a sponsored post however all views are my own and are not influenced in any way. This post contains no affiliate links*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment I get and will do my best to reply as soon as possible. Thank you!