Ways to Make Sure Your Productivity Isn't Procrastination
25 April 2017
So exam time is fast approaching and if anyone puts the 'pro' in procrastination, it's me. However when coursework is due, it seems to be one of the very few times I also put 'pro' into productivity. I am forever avoiding what really needs done - I promise I get round to it eventually though! Without saying a word, my flatmate will know I have coursework due because my dishes will be done, I'll have a load of washing on, and if I'm really desperate, the flat will be tidied and the floor hoovered.
I don't look at it as procrastination at the time though - I consider it productive. So how can you make sure your productivity isn't actually procrastination at times like these? Well, I'd say ask yourself the following questions. Firstly, does it need to be done immediately or can it wait until later? Secondly, are you avoiding something less appealing that needs to be done? And thirdly (if that's even a word...), would you be quite as enthusiastic to do these tasks if you didn't have coursework or exam revision that you're avoiding?
Truthfully, I don't see anyone asking themselves these questions so here's what I'd consider to be a slightly more helpful and worthwhile list... a list of the best ways to procrastinate (because I just can't help myself and have deadlines fast approaching as well).
- Write a list
- Plan some blog posts
- Write some blog posts
- Netflix binge; I'd recommend Netflix's new series GirlBoss
- Clean your home
- Declutter
- Clear out your wardrobe
- Go shopping (usually my go-to procrastination activity!)
- Scroll through Pinterest
- Spend a couple of hours daydreaming; far too easy to do!
- Go for a nap
- Read a book
-Make some snacks
- Take a bubble bath
-Listen to your entire itunes library
- Take up a new hobby
And if worst comes to the worst, make a revision plan that you probably won't follow! But now that I've exhausted my list of ways to procrastinate and gone completely off task, I really should get back to writing these essays. Wish me luck - I'm going to need it!
Did you enjoy this post? You can also find me here:
Fantastic post! I think we're all a bit guilty of procrastinating at some stage, but much like you've pointed out it can also be productive! x
ReplyDeletewww.sheintheknow.co.uk
I'm glad you enjoyed the post love! x
ReplyDelete