Things I Will Never Regret, And You Shouldn't Either

25 May 2015

Source
It's so easy to look back at our past mistakes and think, "you know, I really regret that"... I know I'm guilty of it! But, as Henry A. Kissinger says, "Accept everything about yourself - I mean everything, You are you and that is the beginning and the end - no apologies, no regrets." So tonight I want to share with you all a few things that I will never regret, and that you shouldn't regret either!


1. Bad relationships
          While part of me would like to say I regret the bad relationships I've had in the past, the truth is I don't and neither should you. Every relationship teaches us something new... even the bad ones! I've learned that I need to do what is right for me and that I deserve a lot better than to be treated badly. I've also learned not to ignore the tell-tale signs that something isn't quite right. If he's lying about where he is/has been, who he has been with, goes through your phone behind your back... then girls, that suggests there's an issue there. Don't ignore it.

2. Being 'too honest'
          As they say, honesty is the best policy. Sometimes the truth hurts and sometimes it is not what we want to hear, but at the end of the day if you were to discover someone lied to you, you'd wish they had just told you the truth in the first place. Am I right? There have been several occassions where I've discovered something someone has lied about and knowing they've lied has stung a lot more than the truth would have. Never regret being honest with anyone. What about being 'too honest'? Personally I feel you can never be 'too honest'. It can be difficult telling someone something especially if you know they don't want to hear it but sometimes, what they need to hear and what they don't want to hear are the same thing. They'll thank you in the long run, trust me!

3. Abandoning toxic friendships
          Friendships can be incredibly hard to let go of, especially if they go a long way back. But toxic friendships will never benefit you and so my advice would be to abandon them. I've had to abandon one or two 'toxic friendships' in the past and I won't ever regret it one bit. The amount of pressure and stress it takes off you is unbelievable. 'Toxic friendships' are exactly that - toxic. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment I get and will do my best to reply as soon as possible. Thank you!