This past year has been a year, as cliché as it sounds, of ups and downs and many laughs and tears (both happy and sad!). So today I wanted to share with you some of my highlights from this past year.
Starting blogging. I can't believe it's almost been a whole year since I started blogging! You can read about why I started blogging right here. I've gotten to know some wonderful people and learnt a lot from reading all of your posts. As some of you will know, I started blogging under a different url until I found my feet at which point I moved over to this little corner that you're in right here.
M & G's wedding. In June one of my best friends married her fiancé in the most lovely wedding ceremony and I had the privilege of being one of her bridesmaids. I cannot thank her enough for that honour and I wish them all the best in the future!
Moving away for university. Such a big big step for me, but also one of the most beneficial things to happen to me. I gained a whole new sense of independence and have learnt a lot about myself and some pretty important life lessons (see my final highlight in this post). I got off to a bit of a bumpy start with my health but it's only up from here!
Meeting (and thankfully becoming great friends with) my flatmates. These girls have got me through the bumpy times at the beginning, despite having only just met me and I appreciate that a huge amount. We've all gelled really well and I must admit being home for Christmas and away from them all has made me realise just how big a part of my life that they have become! How soppy!
Learning some important life lessons. 1. Don't drunk text! Just take my word for it. Don't do it girls. 2. High heels + cobbled streets = BIG no-no! The city I'm at university in is known for it's cobbled streets... which I was fairly ignorant towards until we (my flatmates and I) went for a night out wearing high heels. It just is't wise. Thankfully there were no broken necks, only broken heels! 3. Letting go and learning to move on. This has to be one of the biggest things I have learnt this year. I came out of a year-long relationship just before moving away to university and suddenly there were all these unfamiliarities in my life and I had to learn (and pretty quickly, might I add!) to let go of the past and focus completely on the future.
What were your highlights of this past year?

Yay I made it into this post!! ;) It has been a great year <3 Gisforgingers xx
ReplyDeleteOf course you did, you guys have been my rock these past few months! xx
DeleteYour blog is so lovely, I'm so glad I found it ^.^ 2014 sounded like a pretty eventful year for you! I'm actually quite excited for university (even though it's a year and a half away...) And your design is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteniamh / niamhsdream.blogspot.co.uk
x x
Awh thankyou :) Awh that time will fly past! University has been the best part of my life so far - make the most of any opportunities you get! xx
Delete