Well, the big day is finally here! Today is not only the biggest day of my life so far but also the most terrifying as well. It's more terrifying than having ten massive spiders with big hairy legs crawling straight towards you, and that's a pretty terrifying thought... but totally off topic. Today I move out of the home I have lived in for the 19 years of my life and into a flat in a totally different city with four girls I have never met.
The good news is that through social media, my other flatmates and I have had the opportunity to get to know each other before we even move in together which makes the whole leaving home process a little easier. And the even better news is that they are such a wonderful bunch of girls, with one even being a fellow blogger!
I don't know quite what to expect when leaving home. I don't know what I want to cook for dinner. I don't know how to read a bus timetable, or even where to get one in this big new city. I still don't know how to work an iron, or how to separate out my washing to be certain the colours don't mix. I may well have a few pink-but-should-be-white pairs of pants over the next few weeks! I've got a lot of learning/growing up to do but I'm sure the five of us in the flat can teach each other.
Keep your eyes peeled over the next few days/weeks for a little flat tour, and the best stories/ones I can remember from Freshers week and student life.
As for my plans for my first night of freedom? Well lets get our wine glasses out and make a toast to being Freshers and making mistakes - & then learning from them, of course!

Good luck :-) xxx
ReplyDeletethank you! xx
DeleteLuckily moving in wasn't as terrifying as we thought it might be! :) Gisforgingers xx
ReplyDeleteIndeed! xx
Delete