Finding myself

3 September 2014

Source
This is a post that is so much more personal than any I have previously posted by I feel it should be shared, even if just to get it off my chest.

As I've mentioned far too many times previously to have missed it, I fly the nest on Saturday and move away from all things familiar to a new city for university. I've been both a bundle of nerves and a bundle of excitement. I've also had a lot of stress surrounding the whole idea of me moving away and tonight I had to do the hardest thing I think I've ever had to do and close this last chapter, and open a new one. 

Whether I've made the right decision or not, I'm not entirely sure. Only time will tell. But for now, all I'm sure about is that it hurts and that these next few days are going to be extremely difficult. Sometimes I feel like maybe I'm coping alright but then it hits me like a brick wall. That pain in my chest, struggling for breath, confused.

Over the last few years I've not spent much time being 'just Eilidh' at all. I mean I've always had someone there, helping me along whether it be family or a boyfriend. Now it's time for me too figure out who 'just Eilidh' is and what sort of person I want to be.



"I just want to see you spread your wings and have some fun" - My Mum




4 comments :

  1. You're brave! I flew out of the nest when I was 19 to go to Uni and then I was on my own for 10 years until I came back. Now I'm just so scared to move on my own! :0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all just a little crazy here which makes it a bit difficult! xx

      Delete
  2. Don't worry Eilidh, it'll all be ok :) Yeah it's a massive change but it's a super exciting time and no doubt these next few years will be the best of your life. You get to have a life of your very own where you get to make all the decisions and just do whatever you want to do. I bet a year from now you won't be looking back xx

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment I get and will do my best to reply as soon as possible. Thank you!