Sunday Update #06 | What Freshers' Week Has Taught Me

15 September 2014

Source
So I promised you all a flat tour which I had originally planned on posting on Wednesday but with it being Freshers week, truthfully our flat is in no fit state to be seen by anyone and so the flat tour will need to wait for now until we get this place cleaned up! And as you maybe guessed from my extreme lack of posting this past week, Freshers' has been pretty crazy. I would give you an update on the last week if I could remember enough of it but truthfully it's mostly a blur.

However, as Freshers' week comes to an end, I thought I could share a few things that Freshers' week has taught me.

+ I can drink a lot more than I thought I could
Well I certainly underestimated the amount of alcohol I could consume. It's been an 8 day sesh so it's certainly going to all catch up with me pretty soon when lectures get into full swing this week! I had my first lecture today which I must admit I fell asleep in... Not a great start!
+ Alcohol, high heels, and buses are a bad combination
So I may have been the rather drunk girl in high heels that face-planted onto the hard ground from the top step of the coach after a night out in town. Not my smartest move and my whole body is certainly paying for it now with all the pain I'm in but I must say I'm extremely grateful for the alcohol that was in my body at the time seeing as I didn't feel a thing!
+ Food shopping is difficult
I don't quite understand how my Mum manages to make doing the food shopping look so easy. There's the issue of deciding what you want to eat for dinner for the next few days - and I often don't even know what I want an hour before dinner time, let alone a few days in advance. And then you've got to check the 'use by' dates to make sure it doesn't all go out of date the next day. I don't like all of this 'planning meals in advance' rubbish.
+ I still have a lot of growing up to do...

Happy Monday guys and have a good week!



2 comments :

  1. Ouch, that fall sounded really painful!! Hope you're doing ok. And yeah, food shopping is really difficult, I still haven't managed to master that art! xx

    Beth | Alphabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing fairly well, all things considering! thank you :) xx

      Delete

I read and appreciate every comment I get and will do my best to reply as soon as possible. Thank you!