![]() |
| 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 |
There is something perfect about each of these work spaces above that I found while browsing through Pinterest. I often find myself wishing for somewhere more productive, inspiring and less distracting when I'm trying to plan and write blog posts. And yet when I try to create this space for myself, it never has the right feel to it. Yet with each of the workspaces above, I found myself looking at them wishfully, thinking 'yes, I could see myself blogging from there'.
So what makes a good blogging work space? I guess the answer varies depending on who you ask. For me, the things each of these spaces have in common is a clear workspace - none of that clutter nonsense that I have going on at my desk - and white walls. The clear workspace is a must in my opinion. I always find myself getting distracted by the little things like a mark on a mug, a bit of dust on the desk, a pile of paper that just needs to be sorted right there and then. No distractions. Which leads me on to the white walls I pointed out towards the start of this post. I don't suggest painting over your pretty wallpaper to create a small workspace that you may or may not use and I certainly won't be doing that but my point is that again, I get distracted easily, even by simple things such as patterned wallpaper.
These workspaces are ideal for me because they are clear and they are simple. I especially like workspace no. 4 because although it's simple, there are a few motivational quotes above the workspace on the wall to keep you going. I also find that the simple but colourful space is more likely to inspire me than a space that is dull and without colour. Amen to that?
What makes a good blogging work space for you?

First off- happy late birthday to you Eilidh! I really enjoy reading your blog.
ReplyDeleteMy perfect blogging space would be a really cleaned up and well organized desk in a well-lit room. Also, it's important to me that everything I need (e.g. paper, pens, camera, chargers) is within arm's reach since I am a very lazy person ;)
Thank you! And yes, everything in arm's reach would be pretty necessary for me too! xx
Delete