![]() |
| Source; Edited by Her Pretty Little Mind |
So at the beginning of the summer, I set myself a Summer Bucket List which I've been working my way through over the last two months. Unfortunately, summer is quickly coming to an end and so I am going to round it up by giving you all one final summer bucket list update. You can find my original post here.
+ Be a bridesmaid at M's wedding
+ Pass my college course
+ Start packing for moving away for University
+ Make lots of memories in France with my family and himself
+ Take lots of photos
+ Drink cocktails by the beach
+ Get a sun tan!
+ Do something that scares me
+ Eat ice-cream with himself on the beach
+ Get a small tattoo on my ankle
+ Go to the Common Wealth Games
+ Celebrate my first anniversary with himself
+ Read lots of books (I won't put a number on it just yet)
+ Watch the sunset on the beach
+ Swim in the sea
+ Let my hair go curly without caring about it (this is a biggie for me!)
+ Celebrate my 19th birthday
+ Learn to cook a curry
+ And learn to cook bacon - can't survive university without bacon!
+ Go berry-picking (thank you to Jenny for reminding me of my love for this activity!)
+ Go berry-picking (thank you to Jenny for reminding me of my love for this activity!)
+ Have fun
Go to the Common Wealth Games
This was certainly an amazing experience. We were even lucky enough to witness Scotland winning a Gold medal!
Celebrate my first anniversary with himself
We had a lovely night away in a little hotel together, and went for a wonderful meal at the Jamie Oliver restaurant. A huge thank you to my cousin who is in management there and gave us a generous discount and complementary wine!
Celebrate my 19th birthday
I did this yesterday. A huge thank you to those who wished me a happy birthday, I had a lovely day.
Learn to cook a curry
I actually learnt how to cook a chicken curry just last night. Mum was extremely patient with me and it's definitely an easy meal for me to cook at university.
Be a bridesmaid at M's wedding
We were lucky to have super weather for M's wedding and it was such a lovely day. It's funny to think that I'd only met the other bridesmaids once before the wedding and yet we all clicked straight away and are still in touch. As for photographs, we are still waiting to see the professional ones but I will try to get some photos up on here at some point for you all.
Pass my college course
Yippee! I am now a fully qualified nursery practitioner.
Start packing for moving away for University
It's scary to think that in just 18 days I will be moving into my university flat and learning how to fend for myself. I'm pleased to say the packing has started and some of my things have already been sent through with my auntie so I have less to pack into the car on the day.
Start packing for moving away for University
It's scary to think that in just 18 days I will be moving into my university flat and learning how to fend for myself. I'm pleased to say the packing has started and some of my things have already been sent through with my auntie so I have less to pack into the car on the day.
Make lots of memories in France with my family and himself
The holiday was amazing and I plan on posting photos and little stories about it over the next few weeks for you all so stay tuned!
Take lots of photos
Again, these will be coming your way blogland in the next few days.
Drink cocktails by the beach
Himself and I ended up setting ourselves a the goal of working our way through the whole cocktail menu by the end of the holiday.
Get a sun tan!
I'm delighted to say I have an hopefully it'll stay for a good while. Somehow my sister always manages to tan so much better than me and this year was no exception.
Do something that scares me
I wasn't all that sure that I'd achieve this one when I first set it because to be quite honest I'm a major wimp. We went to a water park while in France that I had an accident at about 6 years ago which left me with a scare. My sister and himself went on a waterslide which admittedly looked great fun but it was far to high for my liking and as I've said, I'm a wimp. Eventually my boyfriend persuaded me to go on it with him but after sitting down at the top I decided I wasn't up for doing it after all, at which point it was far too late. The waterslide terrified me and I certainly wasn't in a rush to go anywhere near it again but I'm glad I did something that scared me. I hear it's meant to be healthy to do that sometimes!
Eat icecream with himself on the beach
White chocolate ice-cream - Mmmmmm!
Go to the Common Wealth Games
This was certainly an amazing experience. We were even lucky enough to witness Scotland winning a Gold medal!
Celebrate my first anniversary with himself
We had a lovely night away in a little hotel together, and went for a wonderful meal at the Jamie Oliver restaurant. A huge thank you to my cousin who is in management there and gave us a generous discount and complementary wine!
Read lots of books
You can find my reviews of these books here.
Watch the sunset on the beach
Just along from where we were staying there was a gorgeous little cove, perfect for watching the sunset. Oh, and rockpooling!
Swim in the sea
This is something that also scares me. I hate not being able to see what is under my feet but I also got caught in the currents in the Great Barrier Reef a few years ago and haven't swam in the sea since. I'm pleased to say however than my boyfriend persuaded me eventually to go swimming in the sea with the body-boards and we had a super time. So many laughs!
Let my hair go curly without caring
I have naturally curly hair which I hate so I always straighten it. I did make the effort to leave it to go curly and give it a break from the straighteners. Whether I was happy about doing it at the time or not, I'm not all that sure, but I sure am glad about it now. It did my hair a world of favours!
Celebrate my 19th birthday
I did this yesterday. A huge thank you to those who wished me a happy birthday, I had a lovely day.
Learn to cook a curry
I actually learnt how to cook a chicken curry just last night. Mum was extremely patient with me and it's definitely an easy meal for me to cook at university.
Learn to cook bacon
Just a little tip though guys: don't cook bacon in a bikini. The pan will spit, and it will hurt. I learnt that the hard way...
Have fun
Of course! That's the most important thing on my list!
So now the only two things I have left to do is get a small tattoo on my ankle and go berry picking. The tattoo might need to wait a little while but I hope to get the chance to go berry picking pretty soon. I hope you have all had a super summer.
So now the only two things I have left to do is get a small tattoo on my ankle and go berry picking. The tattoo might need to wait a little while but I hope to get the chance to go berry picking pretty soon. I hope you have all had a super summer.

Hey lovely! I've nominated you for the "one lovely blog award", go check out what you have to do and carry it on with new bloggers :)
ReplyDeletewww.thingtanithdid.blogspot.com
tanith
xx
awh thank you :) xx
Delete