![]() |
| Source |
I've decided it might be nice to start a Sunday Update post series basically filling you all in on the happenings of my week and this happens to be the first post of the series - yippee! Hopefully I'll manage to stick to it and keep it going.
This week has consisted of far too many early mornings, a huge amount of over-time at work, and one very worn out and poorly Eilidh!
I really should have been working again today but unfortunately I'm not feeling all that well so I'm spending a sicky day cuddled up on the sofa with my little cousin watching Cbeebies!
My little cousin really is the most charming little boy, always making me laugh and cheering me up. Today he is wearing a tshirt with a monkey on it and while I was lying in bed he announced he found sunglasses for his monkey. I looked up to find him standing holding a bra I must have left lying around up to the monkey's eyes on his top! He's so innocent he didn't even realise what he had found, just that it was glasses for his monkey. Four year olds do the funniest things!
My work contract is only fourteen hours although this week I've ended up doing double that and I sure am suffering for it now. We were flipping the store at work, boys clothing on the girls side and girls clothing on the guys side of the store, and getting new fixtures installed overnight which resulted in my alarm for Friday morning being set for 4am to get me to work in time at 6am - ouch! The shop was flipped on Thursday during opening hours - complete madness! - fixtures were installed on the Thursday night and then Friday morning was a mad panic trying to get the stock back out onto the new fixtures, making the place look like a shop again, in time for opening up at 9 o'clock. I must say it has been fairly entertaining watching the regulars come in and go straight to where things used to be, and the horrified look across the guys faces when they suddenly realise they are standing looking at females clothes, underwear and so on, before casually wandering over to the men's side of the store hoping that no one spotted their mistake!
So it's been a pretty busy week for me but hopefully it'll all be worth it when pay day arrives at the end of the month!
These last four days have been spent home alone while my family were away at the local music festival Belladrum. Fairly sure I pulled the short straw here, staying at home working and looking after the dog.
A package arrived for me yesterday morning before heading to work and I simply could not remember what, or even if, I had ordered something from amazon. After signing for it I opened it to try and settle my mind because I was sure I hadn't ordered anything and couldn't ask my parents, only to find it was an early birthday present from my auntie, uncle and cousins... which is next Monday. I really should have guessed that's what it may be when I was certain I hadn't ordered anything, and I'm feeling slightly bad for opening it early!
It's extremely nice to have some company again with my family all back home!
This following week is a little quieter for me, I hope! As far as I'm aware the only thing I have planned is a two hour driving lesson on Wednesday. I'm just trying to blitz through as much driving as possible before heading off for university in less than a month. Although I really do need to book my theory test before I start thinking about the practical part of the test...
I hope you have all had a nice lazy Sunday xo
.png)
Little kids are the funniest - my little cousins are about the same age and constantly make me laugh! Gisforgingers xx
ReplyDeleteI love him to bits! You'll probably meet him on move in day! xx
Delete