Wear //
Up until about 2 weeks ago I had never owned a pair of high-waisted shorts and spent the majority of last summer borrowing my sister's pair, so when I came across a lovely pair of high-waisted shorts in TK Maxx I couldn't resist treating myself. I have now totally fallen in love with them. They're just perfect for wearing with a cute cropped top without having too much tummy on show!
Life //
Life feels pretty crazy lately despite the fact I haven't been doing very much. We have had lots of sunshine which has resulted in a little bit of sunburn for Eilidh! *sad times* I don't usually burn but I just didn't realise how sunny and hot it was and so I didn't consider the need for sun cream. I'll be more 'sun-smart' from now on though! I have now pretty much finished my college course with only a few changes to make to one of my essays, and I'm just getting myself ready for M's wedding which is in 6 days. Only 6 days guys! I also go away on holiday to France very soon for two weeks, then off to the Common Wealth Games with tickets for the athletics, and then away for a couple of days with himself for our one year anniversary - it's going to be a busy busy summer for me!
Read //
In the last few days I have started reading the essay 'My Twisted World' by Elliot Rodger after spotting my sister watching a documentary the other day about the teenager who went on a killing spree in Santa Barbara just last month. 'My Twisted World' is an essay that the teenager wrote about his life and the events leading up to his decision to go on this killing spree, which he sent to those close to him such as his parents and family friends just hours before he began his mass murder. His killings were horrific but it's very unusual to find a 141 page essay written by the person himself on the events of his whole life. It's a really difficult read but it raises awareness of mental illness and, unfortunately, how it can sometimes spiral out of control.

I read an extract of his essay and found it so delusional that I couldn't keep reading. It's scary that people like this exist, but I agree his essay gives a lot of insight into individuals with serious mental health problems :(
ReplyDeleteSteph xo | Influence Blog
I totally agree with you on all of this. It really does raise awareness of mental health and how someone who probably seemed so normal to start with to their family and friends can actually be really unwell. x
Delete