Findhorn Adventures

29 May 2014


Despite the fairly dire weather at home, Findhorn provided fairly warm t-shirt weather! After my last visit I didn't think any day could match up to it but today certainly did. We had a lovely hot chocolate and little cake with my family, my auntie and cousin, and my auntie's friend and her two children at a beach shop/cafe looking out over the bay where the little ones wrecked havoc in the shop, spreading sand from their feet over all of the seats and sofas, and sliding down the ramp leading to the cafe on body boards. 



After coffee we paid a visit to a nearby dump shop where rather than binning perfectly good furniture and books, people can donate them to the dump who then sell them on for a very small price. I was pretty certain I have stepped into heaven when I came across this little shed of endless books ranging from children's books, to autobiographies, fiction, non-fiction and even recent releases for a miniture price.


So many books to choose from. We ended up coming home with 28 books all together!


My sister managed to somehow persuade my parents into purchasing a long tank, perfect for.. hmm... perhaps a pet frog? Looks like we may have a reptile addition to the household in the near future!

I was delighted to come home with three new additions to my bookcase, all in amazing condition for only £1 in total! I'll aim to have these read by the end of May and a book review up soonish after that!

I have such a love for little places like these!

2 comments :

  1. Aw wow, I love your blog! I was just looking through your old one as well and it's so pretty and lots of interesting reads :)

    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you Beth! And thank you for following - I had forgotten how difficult it is to build up followers when you start from scratch again.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment I get and will do my best to reply as soon as possible. Thank you!