![]() |
| Source |
The countdown has begun; 28 days until M’s
wedding. I was so delighted and touched when M asked me to be a bridesmaid at her wedding and slightly more
touched when her fiancée came to me for advice on proposing but that’s for
another story. Despite M being a
couple of years older than me, I see her as still a little girl. We look after
each other like mother and daughter, with me often needing to take up the role
as a mother to knock a bit of sense into her - she'd admit that herself!
I met M a good four or five years ago at a children's summer holiday club that we were both helping out at and we got on well pretty much straight away. We've ended up being really close and I have gained a wonderful friend. I knew an engagement was on the cards when M's fiancée came to me for ideas on how to propose to her because he felt I knew her so well, but despite knowing it was coming, I was unbelievably excited and delighted when she called me one afternoon to tell me he had just proposed and she had said 'Yes!'
I met M a good four or five years ago at a children's summer holiday club that we were both helping out at and we got on well pretty much straight away. We've ended up being really close and I have gained a wonderful friend. I knew an engagement was on the cards when M's fiancée came to me for ideas on how to propose to her because he felt I knew her so well, but despite knowing it was coming, I was unbelievably excited and delighted when she called me one afternoon to tell me he had just proposed and she had said 'Yes!'
![]() |
| Source |
I am just so grateful that she has chosen to share such a special time with me. As the big day gets closer, I've had the opportunity to try on my bridesmaid dress which is this beautiful colour of royal blue with a little bit of tartan in the skirt just to tie in the Scottish culture. Now the other bridesmaids and myself are in the midst of making Hen Night plans and bridesmaid shoes shopping plans and so on. What makes it all a little difficult when it comes to planning is that I've never met the other bridesmaids as they are flatmates of hers from university, and yet I feel I know them already, all thanks to group messages on Facebook! It's so lovely that five strangers have all been brought together for just one person, to make M feel supported and remember one of the most special days of her life.


You're so lucky to be a bridemaid! I'd love to be one :-) p.s really adore your blog, you have a new follower x
ReplyDeleteI'm so nervous, I've never been one before! And thank you so much Amelia, I'd forgotten how difficult it is to build up followers when you start from scratch again! xx
DeleteAw this is so exciting!! I LOVE weddings! Hope you keep us updated! :) xx
ReplyDeleteI definitely will! There will most likely be a follow-up post with photos after the wedding :) xx
Delete