Hello Autumn

7 October 2016

Source
Recently I’ve rediscovered my love for beauty posts. While I’ve been quiet from this little space, I’ve not been completely absent. I’ve spent a lot of time lately reading everyone’s posts and I’ve enjoyed reading them so much that I haven’t got round to writing my own! So before I get to the main purpose of my post, I wanted to share with you some of my most recent favourite posts including one or two seasonal ones that you definitely need to check out:


The Autumn Lip Edit by Jasmine Talks Beauty

Beauty Goes Miniature by Kate La Vie

The E M P T I E S 009 by CindyHyue

Affordable Autumn Beauty by Makeup Savvy


I particularly enjoyed these posts so hopefully you guys will too! The bitter weather has really started to creep in over the past few days. I've even has to start digging out my hat, scarves and cosy knitted jumpers. It's this time of year that I also particularly like to start digging out some good reads for the cold, dark evenings. I'm definitely more of a warm weather person but I cannot deny how beautiful this time of year is with all the pretty coloured leaves and the crisp air. Truthfully though, I tend to become lazy and my days become a lot less productive during Autumn and Winter so I really need to find some ways to keep myself going but also to make the flat really cosy at this time of year. It's a bit of a dilemma though because if I make the flat too cosy then that's just going to encourage me to be more productive! I feel like I should insert some comment here about the return of pumpkin spiced lattes, but considering I've never actually tried one... I don't really know what I'm missing.

Source
With the assumption that I'm highly unlikely to become more productive this season because I enjoy my flat being cosy too much, here are a few of my favourite ways to stay cosy over Autumn:

Blankets
Lots and lots of blankets. Nothing beats curling up on the sofa with a hot drink and a cosy blanket! They're our guilty pleasure in this flat - we always keep a woven log basket filled with blankets and microwave beanies and extra cushions beside our gas fire in the living room.

Seasonal Scented Candles
We are guilty for burning so many candles in our flat - we go through them at such a fast rate! Pick your scent, pick your season... nothing beats a scented candle to make the place a bit more cosy.

Home baking
Home baking always tastes better to me when it's cold outside. My flatmate, Claire, recently made a lovely looking sweet potato cake that I simply can't wait to try! 

Hot Drinks
Hot chocolate, tea, coffee... take your pick... Just make sure you make a mug for me too please!

Good Books
Stock up on some good books to keep you happy in the evenings. I'm just getting ready to order a few online that I hope to read over Autumn and Winter. My wishlist is fairly endless so I'll need to be quite selective because my budget isn't too big!


How do you like to stay cosy in the colder seasons?


4 comments :

  1. I stay cosy by wearing a million layers and drink lots of hot chocolate! I am literally obsessed!

    poppyrkay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh I'm so ready for the colder weather, this post has made me feel so warm and fuzzy haha <3 my favourite way to stay cozy is with fairy light and candles, fluffy coats and curling up with a book!
    http://www.britishmermaid.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds ideal! I do love hot chocolate when it's cold!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe I forgot to add fairy lights to my list - I adore them so much. I have them on the headboard of my bed!

    x

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment I get and will do my best to reply as soon as possible. Thank you!