This past week I've been back on placement which means far too many early mornings and 6:45am alarms for my liking. And, for those of you who don't know this yet, early mornings and I don't have a good relationship at all. It's like the sort of relationship where someone you really, really don't like is walking towards you and so you cross the road (making it look like that's what you intended on doing the whole time) just to avoid the whole walking-past-them-giving-the-ground-a-death-stare kinda thing... (Oh, is that just me...?). In other words, I avoid early mornings wherever possible and at all costs.
I'm by no means an expert at embracing early mornings however over the past week I haven't had much choice. Particularly after sleeping in on my first day of placement - thank goodness I wasn't late though! So I've had to work really hard to embrace early mornings and while it has been incredibly difficult and left my wanting to cry some morning (a little dramatic, I know, but still very true!), there are a few things that help to make it slightly easier.
A nice big mug of coffee
If there's one thing that makes my mornings slightly easier, it's a strong mug of coffee. Milk & two sugars. I never used to be a coffee drinker until more recently but it is honestly my lifesaver in the morning before I head out to placement. I mean truthfully I'm not sure how much it actually does for me in the mornings, but I seem to feel better for it later on in the morning so that's enough for me.
Get ready the night before
Mornings are so much easier if you already have your outfit decided and laid out the night before. My only issue with this is when I wake up and decide that I'm no longer in the mood for the outfit I've decided on... #storyofmylife Even the simple things like making up your lunch the night before or gathering together whatever you'd need for the next day makes early morning a whole lot less stressful!
A "can-do" attitude
I always find that my hardest morning are those where I wake up and think "there's no way I can do this today..." and if I find myself saying that, then the day will obviously be destined to be a massive big fail unless I change my mindset. People always say that you need to believe in yourself in order to succeed. I'd certainly say that's true for early mornings too!
A good breakfast
I cannot function without breakfast of some sort each morning. I'd suggest a healthy breakfast but that would be rather hypocritical of me... coco pops are often my 'go-to' choice of cereal! Whatever floats your boat I suppose. If I'm being super organised though then I'll defrost some fruit the night before for a smoothie - yumm!
How do you embrace early mornings? Any advice would be very much appreciated with another full week of placement to go... Exhausted would be an understatement!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I read and appreciate every comment I get and will do my best to reply as soon as possible. Thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I read and appreciate every comment I get and will do my best to reply as soon as possible. Thank you!