![]() |
| Source |
Scrolling through my bloglovin' feed this morning, I came across Muted Mornings' post on the 'by the book' tag and decided to give it a go myself. For those of you that know me, you'll know I am so in love with spending hours tucked away in the corner of a book store or losing myself in a book with a hot cup of tea in a coffee shop so this tag is perfect for me.
Is there a book on your night stand right now?
Yeah, I've just started reading 'The Confession' by John Grisham. I'm not too far into it yet but I'm really enjoying it so far - it's pretty gripping!
What was the last truly great book you read?
'The Teacher' by Katerina Diamond - it kept me hooked from start to finish. I'm quite into thrillers at the moment so that's what I seem to have been reading a lot of lately!
If you could meet a writer, dead or alive, who would it be and what would you want to know?
J. K. Rowling, she's such a brilliant writer! I suppose I'd want to know where her inspiration came from for the Harry Potter Series, and what other potential plots she had in mind as she was writing the books.
What books might we be surprised to find on your shelves?
Possibly my Bible? My shelves are fairly empty because I haven't got room to keep all my books here with me at university {cry}.
How do you organise your personal library?
I don't really organise it here because I haven't got many books with me here and my shelves are fairly small! But back home I used to have them organised by author in alphabetical order but goodness knows how they are now if my sister has been borrowing them!
Is there a book you've always meant to read but haven't got around to yet? Anything you feel embarrassed not to have read?
I really want to read the classics like Pride and Prejudice but I've never gotten round to it. I wouldn't say I'm embarrassed not to have read anything though - there's so many books out there I want to read and simply not enough time!
Disappointing, overrated, just not good; name a book you feel you were supposed to have liked but just didn't? Do you remember the last book you put down without finishing?
This is probably a very unpopular opinion of mine but I'd heard great reviews of 'Room' by Emma Donoghue and so I thought I'd give it a go which high expectations. I just couldn't seem to get into it and was rather disappointed. It just didn't make me want to keep reading. I hate not finishing a book I've started though so, while I didn't finish it, I like to think that there's always the possibility that I might go back to it... eventually.
What kind of stories are you drawn to? Any you steer clear of?
I love crime and thriller stories. The sort that keep you on the edge of your seat, where you don't want to put the book down until you've read every last page. I tend to steer clear of books set too far back in time. I just find them difficult to get into and to stay focused on.
If you could choose a book the president/prime minister had to read, which would it be?
This is a super difficult one and I came very close to just deleting it but that would be such a cop out! I suppose I'd choose Harry Potter - everyone needs a little magic in their lives!
What do you plan to read next?
My 'to-read' list is endless and I'm always adding more and more books to it but I'm quite keen to read 'The Screwtape Letters' by C. S. Lewis.
If you decide to take part in this tag then please do let me know - I'd love to read yours!


Loved reading this! I haven't seen so many of these books. And I definitely recommend Pride and Prejudice - it's one of my favourites!
ReplyDeleteMimmi xx
Muted Mornings
Pride and Prejudice is on my to-read list too! I've just seen the 2005 movie and loved it, so now I really want to read the book as well.
ReplyDeleteI gave this tag a go today too, if you want to have a look! :)
www.TimeofSolitude.wordpress.com
I'll check it out!
ReplyDeleteI have a long train journey tomorrow so I might pop it back onto my kindle and give it a go again tomorrow! x
ReplyDelete