Home Sweet Home

2 September 2015


Guess what guys...

We have finally moved properly into our new little flat and it's really starting to feel like our own wee home! It's funny the difference that a cute colourful rug, some bright corner IKEA lamps and a fresh lick of paint on the walls can make to a place. I'll admit I had forgotten how incredibly stressful moving can be so here's hoping that we don't have to do it again for quite some time. I'm sure once the hundreds of cardboard boxes are empty and no longer lying around that it will all have been worth it. There's still a few things needing sorted like the fact we can get our oven to turn on and the flat stinking of paint, but these will be sorted in no time with a call to the landlord and a few scented candles and open windows! 
But right now I'm on the train travelling back home for some driving lessons, with my driving test looming in the very near future *eeeek!* and already I'm excited to get back to the flat on Friday. Maybe it's because this train is nowhere near as cosy as our new living room, or simply because I'm looking forward to spending more time with my flatmate Claire in our new home (I have to say that - she's probably reading this post!). We had a cosy night in last night with a bottle of wine and last week's Great British Bake Off and it's really put me in the mood for some cake! *hint hint Claire* But truthfully and in all seriousness, I've been incredibly lucky to end up with such a lovely flat and even more lucky to find someone crazy enough to live with me! Good luck Claire - may your sanity be ever in your favour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment I get and will do my best to reply as soon as possible. Thank you!