![]() |
| Source ; Edited by Her Pretty State of Mind |
At the beginning of July, I created a Summer Bucket List of things I wanted to achieve over the summer holidays. Nothing too difficult, just a fun little list to cross off over the summer days. I haa a very busy Summer planned and I hoped that with this bucket list, I could cross things off and share with you all the little adventures I go on. You can find the original post here. After arriving back from a lovely few weeks in France yesterday, I thought it would be good to do a little review of my goals so far and update you all on my summer so lets take a little look so far:
+ Be a bridesmaid at M's wedding
+ Pass my college course
+ Start packing for moving away for University
+ Make lots of memories in France with my family and himself
+ Take lots of photos
+ Drink cocktails by the beach
+ Get a sun tan!
+ Do something that scares me
+ Eat ice-cream with himself on the beach
+ Get a small tattoo on my ankle
+ Go to the Common Wealth Games
+ Celebrate my first anniversary with himself
+ Watch the sunset on the beach
+ Swim in the sea
+ Let my hair go curly without caring about it (this is a biggie for me!)
+ Celebrate my 19th birthday
+ Learn to cook a curry
+ And learn to cook bacon - can't survive university without bacon!
+ Go berry-picking
+ Go berry-picking
+ Have fun
Be a bridesmaid at M's wedding
We were lucky to have super weather for M's wedding and it was such a lovely day. It's funny to think that I'd only met the other bridesmaids once before the wedding and yet we all clicked straight away and are still in touch. As for photographs, we are still waiting to see the professional ones but I will try to get some photos up on here at some point for you all.
Pass my college course
Yippee! I am now a fully qualified nursery practitioner.
Make lots of memories in France with my family and himself
The holiday was amazing and I plan on posting photos and little stories about it over the next few weeks for you all so stay tuned!
Take lots of photos
Again, these will be coming your way blogland in the next few days.
Drink cocktails by the beach
Himself and I ended up setting ourselves a the goal of working our way through the whole cocktail menu by the end of the holiday.
Get a sun tan!
I'm delighted to say I have an hopefully it'll stay for a good while. Somehow my sister always manages to tan so much better than me and this year was no exception.
Do something that scares me
I wasn't all that sure that I'd achieve this one when I first set it because to be quite honest I'm a major wimp. We went to a water park while in France that I had an accident at about 6 years ago which left me with a scare. My sister and himself went on a waterslide which admittedly looked great fun but it was far to high for my liking and as I've said, I'm a wimp. Eventually my boyfriend persuaded me to go on it with him but after sitting down at the top I decided I wasn't up for doing it after all, at which point it was far too late. The waterslide terrified me and I certainly wasn't in a rush to go anywhere near it again but I'm glad I did something that scared me. I hear it's meant to be healthy to do that sometimes!
Eat icecream with himself on the beach
White chocolate ice-cream - Mmmmmm!
Read lots of books
You can find my reviews of these books here.
Watch the sunset on the beach
Just along from where we were staying there was a gorgeous little cove, perfect for watching the sunset. Oh, and rockpooling!
Swim in the sea
This is something that also scares me. I hate not being able to see what is under my feet but I also got caught in the currents in the Great Barrier Reef a few years ago and haven't swam in the sea since. I'm pleased to say however than my boyfriend persuaded me eventually to go swimming in the sea with the body-boards and we had a super time. So many laughs!
Let my hair go curly without caring
I have naturally curly hair which I hate so I always straighten it. I did make the effort to leave it to go curly and give it a break from the straighteners. Whether I was happy about doing it at the time or not, I'm not all that sure, but I sure am glad about it now. It did my hair a world of favours!
Learn to cook bacon
Just a little tip though guys: don't cook bacon in a bikini. The pan will spit, and it will hurt. I learnt that the hard way...
Have fun
Of course! That's the most important thing on my list!
I hope you've all had an amazing summer so far and I'll update you all on my goals at the end of the summer.
What have you all been getting up to this summer?

Hi lovely. Wow I'm really glad I found your blog. I love it. The pictures are gorgeous and the design is beautiful! I think it's a great idea to have a summer bucket list. It spurs you on to achieve these things and actually do them soon instead of the usual bucket lists that people just write up and forget about. I might do one soon! Following you on Bloglovin now and hope to keep in touch xx Make Me Up Mandy
ReplyDeleteThank you so much :) xx
DeleteOh God I hate packing! You crossed a lot, you must be pretty proud!
ReplyDeleteSame! And I must admit I really am xx
DeleteYou've done a fair few of the things on your list! I used to go berry picking when I was younger but I haven't done it in years!
ReplyDeleteHayley-Eszti | www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com
I haven't done it in years either but really want to go again soon! x
DeleteWow, you've accomplished so much! Go you! and go you some more to finish the rest! Sadly I'm in the post student summer so my holidays are never as long as they were :( My summer has been family visits back to the UK and now it's a relaxing week at home with my sowing machine :)
ReplyDelete~ K
bluehairinbelgium.blogspot.be
Awh I wish I was good with a sowing machine! xx
DeleteThat is basically the perfect summer bucket list :) I'm so happy I came across your blog, it's so lovely! Definitely following <3
ReplyDeletejuniperanne.blogspot.com
thank you :) x
DeleteI've tagged you to do the Liebster award (no pressure to do it though) xxx
ReplyDeletehttp://stripeyjane.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/the-liebster-award.html
thank you so so much lovely, that means a lot to me :) xx
Delete