I had it all written out in the drafts on my phone so that they were ready to post as soon as I had internet connection; holiday book reviews, photographs, travel journal entries for the days which didn't consist only of sunbathing, and so on. And then it happened. I turned on my phone for recovery mode to appear on the screen with the last thing I wanted to see - an alert saying 'please connect to iTunes'. Of course, however, I did not have my laptop away with me but luckily my Dad had his which was enough to allow me to reset my phone so that it was at least usable.
I frantically searched the internet for how I could get my phone sorted without losing everything but Google didn't turn up many answers. Once it decided to go into recovery mode at not fault of my own, it was too late because it meant I'd lost everything anyway, and I mean everything; contacts, apps, holiday photos, blog posts I had saved as drafts, the lot. The whole damn lot. Gone. Kapeesh.
I frantically searched the internet for how I could get my phone sorted without losing everything but Google didn't turn up many answers. Once it decided to go into recovery mode at not fault of my own, it was too late because it meant I'd lost everything anyway, and I mean everything; contacts, apps, holiday photos, blog posts I had saved as drafts, the lot. The whole damn lot. Gone. Kapeesh.
I never had been a believer/user of the icloud. I mean who needs to save stuff in the clouds when it's all backed up on the lappy anyway? Safe to say I am now a user of the iCloud and wish I had been less ignorant about it sooner.
I have done my best to re-write the posts I had prepared for you but just imagine the first draft of posts being much better and more detailed than the ones you are about to (hopefully if you continue on..) read. Sometimes the first draft is the best one.
I'll spread my holiday posts out over the next few days and hopefully I won't bore you too soon. However for now, I am curled up in the back seat of the car, somewhere in the South of England, preparing myself for the 10 hour drive home that we have ahead of us.
Hope you've all had a super summer! You can keep up to date with all of my adventures and other ramblings by following me on bloglovin'. Stay tuned!

Aw nooo, how frustrating!! :( That would be my worst nightmare!! I also started using iCloud recently, I don't really get it but I think it's a good thing to have. Looking forward to your holiday posts xxx
ReplyDeleteYup, I've just used iCloud for the first time ever today haha and thanks Beth! Going to spread them out over the next few days :) xxx
DeleteAh what a nightmare!! I hate loosing blog posts I've spent time on... :( Gisforgingers xx
ReplyDeleteSame :( These ones seem awful compared to the ones I had prepared :( xx
DeleteI remember when this happened to me and I was devastated! It's just when you loose photos/videos and blog posts which took ages to get scribbled down which you will always struggle to match to the original when you re-write them at a later date. I'm so sorry the dreaded connect to itunes logo showed up on your phone and you were another victim to the iphone tragedy!
ReplyDeleteIt was horrible because it meant I lost my holiday photos. Luckily it happened not too far into the holiday so I didn't lose as many as I would have if it had happened at the end of the holiday xx
Delete